Being at the happiest place on earth, at the happiest pageant on earth, doesn’t mean you have to spend hundreds of dollars to go to the parks for fun when there’s breaks in your pageant schedule. There are plenty of perks that come from staying at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, the home of UNM Nationals. UNM sure does know how to pick a hotel! Known for selecting destinations that are sure to please even the pickiest princesses, UNM has hit a home run with this resort. Here’s 10 things you can do for FREE at UNM’s host hotel during nationals week:
1. Take the bus to Disney Springs. The resort offers free transportation to Disney Springs where you can walk through this magical place filled with Disney stores, restaurants, character sightings, street artists and more! It’s a fun spot to hang out and revel in all things Disney without spending a dime.
2. Take the boat to Disney’s Boardwalk. The resort offers free boat transportation to Disney’s Boardwalk, a lively boardwalk with scenic views of the water, street performers, vendors, restaurants, arcades and more. The boat ride, in itself, is half the fun!
3. Watch the Epcot fireworks show. Staying at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin means that the Epcot fireworks show is visible from just about anywhere on the resort each night. Grab a seat outside at the pool or beach, bring a snack and enjoy the show … for free!
4. Build sandcastles on the beach. Who says you have to go to the coast to enjoy beach activities? The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin has a white sand beach, perfect for sun bathing and building sand castles. Although you can’t get in the water, the white sand beach is perfect for relaxing and having fun when you need a break.
5. Relax on a hammock. Speaking of relaxing, the beach has hammocks that are perfect for relaxing, or catching up on your favorite book. Positioned near the water, you will feel like you’ve escaped the hustle and bustle of pageant week – even if just for a few moments.
6. Ride the Swans. You receive free swan boat rentals for 30 minutes each day as a guest at the Swan and Dolphin. Riding the swans is a fun activity that will please kids and adults alike. And imagine the Instagram posts!
7. Play Beach Volleyball. Grab a friend or two and play beach volleyball. The nets are always up at the Swan and Dolphin resort beach area, and balls are available.
8. Have fun at the pool and waterslide. The grotto pool not only has a beautiful waterfall, but a fun and exhilarating water slide! The resort has many pools to choose from to escape the summer heat but the grotto pool is our favorite because the slide is so much fun. There’s even a pool with a water volleyball net, which is also loads of fun. There’s also hot tubs throughout the pool areas.
9. Make smores on the beach. You get a free smores kit each night and can head out to the beach to make smores over the fire pits. What pageant diet?
10. Play some games. Who’s up for a game of life size chess? Yep, the resort has that. They also have various games throughout the resort for your entertainment. Don’t forget there’s also a playground, as well as basketball courts, and ping pong tables.
If going to the parks is a must for you, there’s free transportation and UNM discount tickets to make this wish come true at some great savings. Don’t forget to order your tickets before the discount link expires. The link is in the delegate login. See you at Disney!
USA National Miss is an award winning national pageant for young ladies ages 4-25. Follow us on social media @usanationalmiss!